What to pack for a summer vacation can be a tricky question unless you have ready a list of things you must have. No matter where you’re headed for some relaxation, you’re going to need the following ten items in your suitcase, make sure you already put them in your list.
1. The season’s trendy floral print dress is something you can’t leave home without. Larger prints work best for a bigger frame, but if in doubt, play it safe and stick to mid-sized prints.
What to pack for a summer vacation tips: figure out the weather of the place you’re travelling. Go to the country or city’s Wikipedia page and look for the average highs and lows temperature of the months that you’ll be there.
2. Take the tunic tops. They are versatile and perfect for any occasion. A colorful tunic will spice up your favorite jeans for a fun weekend look. For the glamorous night out, Sanctuary offers a fluid kimono-style to look chic in.
What to pack for a summer vacation tips: know your luggage limits. Find out your flight’s weight/size limits for checked and carryon baggage ahead of time and pack accordingly. Otherwise you will have to pay for additional weight or bag.
3. Pack the shorts. You’ll need them for the hot days. Pair them with brightly colored tank tops or a printed chiffon top. Anthropologie offers wide variety of shorts.
4. Wedge platforms are perfect summer vacation companions. The Rockaway Cutout from Free People shoes are absolutely wonderful. Their sturdy ankle straps make them very comfortable to walk in.
What to pack for a summer vacation tips: leave extra space in your luggage for things you’ll buy while travelling.
5. Swimsuits are a definite. It might not be a beach vacation, but chances are you will take a dip in the hotel pool. For a flat stomach effect, look for one that has shirring through the midsection. Check our “Swimwear Trends for Summer 2012″ post.
6. Bracelets are hot summer accessories to pack. Choose silver bracelets encrusted with rhinestones, or delicate gold bangles. Whichever works for you, and wear an armful. Anthropologie offers an array of choices.
7. Sunglasses definitely belong in the suitcase. Find the most flattering pair that works for your face. For instance, if your face is long, then frames with extra height will make your face appear shorter. On-line store www.net-a-porter.com offers some interesting picks.
8. The straw hat cannot be left behind if you need shade from the sun. Check out www.Polyvore.com for some choices.
9. Don’t forget to pack the straw tote either. They are functional for the beach and trendy for site seeing. H&M is one place to look for them.
10. The flip-flops: As unimportant as they might seem, offer cooling comfort for the feet in hot weather. They are also comfortable for long beach walks.
Bracelets: 1. GILES & BROTHER 10-karat gold-plated and leather wrap, $95. 2. Anthropologie Slipped Strands Bracelets, $18. 3. Dominga Turquoise Cross Bracelet Set, $88. 4. Adia Kibur Enamel Bangle Set, $42. 5. Anthropologie Pinta Cuff, $28. 6. Kay Court Leather and Bead Wrap, $28.
Sun glasses: 1. RALPH LAUREN RL8070, $160. 2. Halogen® Cat’s Eye, $68. 3. Anthropologie Bright Side Shades, $38. 4. ILLESTEVA Leonard round-frame acetate, $165. 5. RETROSUN Vintage Christian Dior, $285.
Straw hats: 1. Halogen® Leather Belt Fedora, $38 2. J. CREW Two-tone Straw Hat, $38. 3. Goorin Bros. Violin Solo, $41. 4. Rag & Bone, $220. 5. J. CREW Summer Straw Hat, $34,5. 6. Genie by Eugenia Kim, $70.